LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  I have 35 years as a CCTV and Security Systems Integrator , and Advanced Field Service Technician.
444199

my samsung sde-3004 does not respond to mouse or remote control

Customer Question

my samsung sde-3004 does not respond to mouse or remote control input. All I get is a upside down picture from the one camera i have connected.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  LOAJ3256 replied 5 years ago.

LOAJ3256 :

Hello - maybe I can help. Can you get toi the Advance menu and perform a RESET of the unit? If not please advise so I can offer "other" options that would require removing the cover and other steps to help resolve / trouble shoot your problem., Thank you for your time

JACUSTOMER-vkvk2ys8- :

I cannot get to any menu. All i get is the rotating camera views. And they are upside down (3) and sideways (1). Right clicking with the mouse or using the remote does not evoke any response. The blue power light on the DVR is on, and when I restarted the system, my screen shows SAMSUNG for a minute or two then goes straight to the cameras.

LOAJ3256 :

I would suggest a BIOS level reset. Please do the following and advise me of the results:One method to try is as follows:
1) Remove cover on unit.
2) Remove the "button battery" , about the size of a quarter on the main board
3) PUSH AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON for about 10 seconds WITH the battery OUT. 4) Turn unit OFF
5) Re install the button battery and turn unit ON.
This *should * reset the DVR to factory admin codes,
Please "Accept" answer or let me know if I can further assist you.