Neil, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience in the alarm industry.
15873252

My alarm system (PC1555RKZ) wont stop beeping.

My alarm system (PC1555RKZ) won't stop beeping.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Neil replied 6 years ago.

rv007 :

Hi, what happens when you press *2?

Expert:  Neil replied 6 years ago.

Press *2 to view the trouble that is causing the keypad to beep..

Then come back to me... It is most likely a battery issue.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I understand what I've read, the battery is in a separately located control panel. Why aren't keys to those panels issued to the home owner? I can't get into that panel.
Expert:  Neil replied 6 years ago.

Check on top of the box, often the key is left there...

If no luck it will be a standard key, call the local DSC dealers in your area and one will give or sell one to you...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Once I get it open how do you replace the battery? Is it easy to replace? Do you need to do anyting on the keypad prior or after replacing it? Plus, I don't want the alarm armed. I just want it to chime when the door or windows open. Somehow, now it's armed (after pusing buttons to get the beeping to stop). Until I get the battery, I want to get it disarmed totally. I understand the beeping won't stop until the battery is replaced, but I want it totally disarmed until then.

Expert:  Neil replied 6 years ago.

Do you have the code? If the code is not working....

Try opening the box, unplug the battery (it comes off easily) and then power down the panel completely, wait 10 seconds and repower...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't have a code, I never set it up, but I'm afraid one might have been setup when I was pushing all the buttons to stop the beeping. So what do I do if I don't know what code was inadvertely setup?

How do you power down? Doesn't taking the battery out automatically power it down.
Expert:  Neil replied 6 years ago.

The unit connects to the mains power (usually via a plug pack)...

Try the default of 1234...

If you have no code then the whole unit has to be reset back to factory default and reprogrammed from scratch...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Meaning, I need a service repairman?
Expert:  Neil replied 6 years ago.

If your system is not too complex then you could reprogram yourself.... Iess than 6 sensors or zones... have a look at manual and see what you think first, but if you could find out the code that would be better:

http://www.mainelectronics.com/pdf/PC1555Install.pdf

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where did you say I could get a key to the control box?
Expert:  Neil replied 6 years ago.

Any DSC installer will have them but try on top of the control box, often they are left there as the boxes are all keyed the same the installer usually has plenty already...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No key is on top of the box, and I was the first owner of this condo, and no one gave be a key like that. I've seen keys like that at my work for computer keys. Will they work? They all look the same.
Expert:  Neil replied 6 years ago.

Not likely... It will be a stamped with PK625, however it is not a high security key so other keys may work...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did you answer my question on how to "power down" when I remove the battery?
Expert:  Neil replied 6 years ago.

Unplug the plug pack, if no plug pack then there will be a fuse in where the power cable terminates in the box or alternatively switch off the power to the whole building...