Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 45+ yrs. experience.
94766

Landscaper’s, hope this question finds you doing well.

Hi Landscaper’s, hope this question finds you doing well. Please see the attached picture and let me know what you would think would be a good feature to install below this gutter to interrupt the flow of water - slow it down and spread it out. Thank you very much, James

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is Rick and I will do all I can to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation. Please be patient it can take a few minutes for me to respond.

You could use this. If you want the water spread out more just poke more holes into it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NVXBVSG?tag=duckduckgo-ffab-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I was thinking of a feature with rocks or something that would be very good looking as opposed to the plastic bag solution which I’ve seen before. Any ideas?

You can just put some crushed stone in front of the pipe. But there is no ready-made feature like you describe.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Yes exactly, I was on the hunt for design to do some crushed stone wrapped in fabric with a topper of some sort just not sure how to design it or how deep to dig it - that type of thing

Is the grade in front of the pipe sloped so it will carry the water away?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Yes

Then all you need is 3-4" deep of crushed stone in front of the pipe for a couple of feet. Fabric would serve no purpose. You just want to diffuse the flow out of the pipe so the ground doesn't erode. You don't want to dig a deep hole and fill it with stone. It's unnecessary since the grade will carry the water away.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Ok great thx!

You're welcome