Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

My house ac fan is not working, how do I trouble shoot? 3…

Customer Question
My house ac fan...

My house ac fan is not working, how do I trouble shoot?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

3 hours

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to trouble shoot it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
5/28/2018
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Is this the fan inside or outside the house?

Outside

If the fan outside is not coming on it might be a tripped breaker or blown fuses. Make sure both of those are working properly since the fan requires 240v to run. If the compressor is running you have 240v and then the problem will be the fan itself.

This is providing you have the thermostat calling for cooling. Thermostat should be Auto and Cool and the temperature below room temperature with not delayed or timed programming.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 21 days ago

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?