Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

My house ac fan is not working, how do I trouble shoot? 3…

Customer Question
My house ac fan...

My house ac fan is not working, how do I trouble shoot?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

3 hours

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to trouble shoot it

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Home Improvement
5/28/2018
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 29 days ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Is this the fan inside or outside the house?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Outside

If the fan outside is not coming on it might be a tripped breaker or blown fuses. Make sure both of those are working properly since the fan requires 240v to run. If the compressor is running you have 240v and then the problem will be the fan itself.

This is providing you have the thermostat calling for cooling. Thermostat should be Auto and Cool and the temperature below room temperature with not delayed or timed programming.

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 27 days ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 16 days ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave