Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

My Knight KBN 211 gas boiler locked up last night. We have 5…

Customer Question
My Knight KBN 211...

My Knight KBN 211 gas boiler locked up last night. We have 5 zone in-floor heating with an 80 gal side-arm water heater. Pushed the reset

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Button and standby screen reads system 85 degrees, outlet 121 degrees outdoor ttemp 78 degrees. No hot water from the heater. What does it want me to do?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Absolutely not

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Never had this problem in the four or so years we had it installed.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
5/26/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 2 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What error is the screen displaying?

Do the shutdown letters regularly appear on the standby screen. The water heater light on the TACO is green.
Can I assume the boiler is back? Hit the reset button without making note of the error message. Believe it had to do with the temperatures in the system exceeding the set-point. No changes have been made since the boiler had it's yearly service in December. Outdoor temperatures higher now that spring/summer has arrived.

All the light on the Taco means is that it's reconizing a call for heat or hot water. (DHW). If the boiler is set up properly the outside temp should have no impact on the DHW. If you have hot water then it's working OK now. If not then you need to call a pro.