Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a Honeywell proseries thermostat and it is locked. I…

I have a Honeywell...

I have a Honeywell proseries thermostat and it is locked. I can not cool the house below 70 degrees. how do I go about unlocking it?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

It has to be thermostat settings. the unit is new--

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cant think of anything else. I guess if I could get it back to the factory settings--I could go from there--but I do not know how to override the lock

5/12/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

What is the model number of the thermostat?

thank YOU

Do you know the model number of the thermostat?

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Phone call session started

Honeywell Thermostats try the following; Phone Number(###) ###-####/p>

Remove the cover and look on the label for the date code, try that as the pass code.

1. Press your Honeywell thermostat's "System" key. Five blank touch keys will appear on the bottom of the screen between the "Cancel" key and the "Done" key.

2. Touch the blank center key and hold it down for approximately 5 seconds until the screen changes to the "Advanced Settings" menu.

3. Press the middle arrow keys up or down to change the "User Setup Number" located in the bottom left corner. You want user setup number 0670 to unlock your thermostat.

4. Change your options using the arrow keys on the right side of the screen. Press the up or down arrow keys to select the number "0." This should unlock all the keys on the screen.

5. Lock your screen again by repeating the previous steps. Under options, however, choose "1" to partially lock the screen or "2" to fully lock the screen.

Adjusting keypad lockout

1 Press Menu on the thermostat to go to LOCK. Press Select.

2 Press or to go to OFF, PART, or ON, and then press Select.

3 Press or OFF: Unlocked, and full access allowed. PART: Partial lockout, allowing only the temperature to be changed.

ON: No access allowed.

4 To unlock the keypad, press the CENTER button and then enter the password "1234". To enter the password, press

number. Then press Select. Repeat this process to enter the second through fourth digits of the number. Once all four numbers have been entered, press Select again.

5 This will unlock the keypad.

6 If the code is incorrect, the screen will flash the lines "--".

7 Press Back to go back a step to enter the correct number and press Select.

https://forwardthinking.honeywell.com/related_links/thermostats/tseries/Lyric_T6_Pro_Wi-Fi_Installation_Instruction_-_33-00181.pdf

https://www.totalhomesupply.com/t6-pro-series-thermostat-2-stage-heat-and-cool-conventional/p/HONEYWELL-TH6220U2000

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave