Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

How to wire a hot water heater to house wires, the house has…

Customer Question
How to wire a...

How to wire a hot water heater to house wires, the house has white red green black and heater is white black and plain how do they go together

Contractor's Assistant: What state are they in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oregon

Contractor's Assistant: What steps have they taken so far?

Heater is in place waiting to know which wires go togeyther

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i don't ant a lawyer i paid my five dollars

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/3/2018
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Do you know if the wires are coming from the electrical panel and what size wires and breaker?

40 amp breaker not sure on the wires
no

Okay... most likely the unit was wired in Romex and they are using the White wire as a "hot" for part of the 240v. The best way to verify that is with a voltage tester to see if you have 240v between white and black at the heater electrical box.

If you have 240v between black and red, then you will need to confirm the heater white is to be connected to either the black or red (the heater may be wired that way).

If you can upload a few photos that would help.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Thank you,

Dave

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Thank you,

Dave

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on April 03, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 days ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is over 60 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave