Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We have had Mr. SANDLESS. Out of Kuttawa, do our hardwood…

Customer Question
We have had Mr...

We have had Mr. SANDLESS

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Out of Kuttawa, Ky do our hardwood floors. They used a poly blend top coat to finish it. It has been done 2 weeks and is still sticky to walk on even with socks, can't even push a mop on it. Could you help with recommendations,

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

We have only contacted them. They sat that's the way it's suppose to be with the poly top coat. I can't imagine it is suppose to be sticky to walk on.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not really. We were hoping they would make it right but they keep saying it's suppose to be that way. Just needing some advice about it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The only other thing, it was all over the molding, not finished in the corners and they said that was normal along with the sticky part...

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Home Improvement
4/3/2018
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 21 days ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

None of what is being said makes logical sense. The reality is top coats usually take a 24-48Hrs to cure depending on humidity and temperature (70* being in the ideal range). For the top coat to still be sticky suggests that it was not compatible with whatever is under it or the product itself has had some type of chemical breakdown. If they used a 2 part product most likely the proportions were not correct and that is why you have an uncured floor.

You will need to try and have a supervisor or manager visit to determine a corrective action, otherwise you will need to consider legal steps to getting the matter resolved.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
We had the owner of the company come look at it. He said is wasn't suppose to be like a new floor it was just a color to put over the old wood to look better. We are at the end of the road at what to do.

Did you sign a contract? Is this flooring company licensed?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
sir they are licensed and we signed a contract.

Can you upload a copy of the contract so I can review it?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I can in the morning, it's at my work. Would that be ok.

Perfect...

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I sure will. Thank you

I would also like to see a few clear photos of the problem areas.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Sure I will get those to.

Do you still owe any money for this job?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
No sir. It's paid in full $1100.00.
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 20 days ago

Okay

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 18 days ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
sir I do but when we met the other day with the owner if the company I left the contract at my daughters and haven't been able to get out there and pick it up to send you. Sorry I hadn't let you know.

Okay... do you think you will be able to forward it over the weekend?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I'm sure going to try. Maybe I can get it tomorrow

Sounds good;

Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 8 days ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Brian
Brian
Brian, Architect