Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

My light has burned out for the second time in two years. Is…

My light has burned...

My light has burned out for the second time in two years. Is this common.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Second time it has burned out in two years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there only one light? I seem to have an auxiliary function on my remote that does nothing as well.

4/1/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

What is the make and model of the fireplace or stove?

Mendota Dxv-45

It is fairly common for the lamps to be short lived, I suspect do to a lack of natural room temperature cooling when the flame is on, but there is no proof or documentation that supports that theory.

Is there also an auxiliary light or only one in that model?

Most of the lighting features are under the main burner/logs. Some models have a upper top spot type light, however looking at your model I didn't see that option listed.

Just following up as to whether this information was helpful in answering your question, or do you still need assistance? Please let me know by replying in the box below.

Thanks

Dave

Great help. Thanks

You are most welcome...

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor