Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Unable to find a glass globe for Hampton Bay ceiling fan…

Customer Question
Unable to find a...

Unable to find a glass globe for Hampton Bay ceiling fan with no ID number anywhere. The remote number is ***** ID:2968A-7096T

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I'm in Canada. Ordered one from the States, shipping cost more than the glass, and wrong size.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Just replacing the glass, yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it. How do I find a model number, and how do I find the part? Thanks!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
3/31/2018
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

You might try looking for a sticker with some info on it on top of the fan, inside the trim housing or on the wires inside the housing. Most ceiling fan model numbers are on the instruction manual that came with the fan or printed on the store receipt if you have it. A store SKU number can be entered to locate the model of fan, however parts are limited since most of the fans are from China.