Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have american water heater unit experiencing an E37 error…

Hello, I have american...

Hello, I have american water heater unit experiencing an E37 error code, would you be able to provide assistance?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

I am not positive as to the age of the unit but since it is a hybrid i believe it is relatively new i have never experienced an error before

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If the fix is minor I am capable but I have no problem hiring out.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model number GH-90n serial number S1033 F704209

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/29/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

The E37 error code references no water flow detected. This may be from several possible areas.

This can be caused by an air bubble or a blockage in the heat engine water passage, a failed flow sensor or a failed circulation pump.

Check the water inlet on the heat engine.

Make a water draw during first 60 seconds after putting the unit in ON mode (to evacuate possible air from the heat engine water passage).

Check wire harness for pump, water valve and water fl ow sensor.

Check the pump 120Vac voltage supply (the pump shall be energized during the heating mode).

Clean or change the water filter.

Change board.

Change pump.

Change water valve.

thanks, ***** ***** like it should be hired out. based on this code would you assume this can be handled by a professional on a service call

Yes... These type of water heaters are very complex to diagnose and perform service. It is best to contact a qualified service provider who has the proper training and testing equipment to know what is causing the error code and how to resolve it.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor