Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have installed a wireless doorbell and it works fine, but…

Customer Question
I have installed a...

I have installed a wireless doorbell and it works fine, but occasionally signals a ring without a person present. ???

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Several days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I dis

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope. that's it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
3/29/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Still need help
Home Improvement Expert: ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast

Hello and thanks fpr using JA!

Sorry for no one helping you out on your question. My name is ***** ***** I will see if I can help you out.

Answer:

If you have a wireless doorbell, most likely the problem is the frequency for the door bell is the same as some other device in your area. It may not be in your home, although it is possible. You need to check the documentation for you door bell and see if you have a switch or some means of changing the frequency so it is not interfered with. They usually have some settings otherwise, if your neighbor had the same system, your bell would ring each time some rang your neighbors bell.

I hope this is the information you needed.

If you need anything else, just ask otherwise, may I ask that you please rate my service to you with a positive Star rating on rating system on your screen .

Thanks again for using JA

Don

I see you never rated my answer to your problem.

Was there anything else I can help you with?

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out with your problem.

Just Answers asks that you operate on the honor system for technician ratings. and this is how I make my living. May I ask that you please take a moment to rate my service positive for JA by selecting a Rating Star (3-5) on the top or bottom your screen before you leave today.

Even though you paid JA or Pearl to ask your question, they will not pay me until you have given a positive rating for my help.

If you want me to be able to come back and help you at a later date or time, you will need to rate my help today before logging off.

Once you rate my help you will be "locked in" so you can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge if you still need assistance.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out!

Don

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech