Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

It’s my chamberlain garage door. I’ve tried everything.

It’s my chamberlain garage...

It’s my chamberlain garage door. I’ve tried everything. Spent hours trying to adjust the travel up, down.... the force open and close. I cleaned and oiled the cables and trolley.... made sure there are no obstructions and that the “eyes” are clean and aligned. Uggggh! Help?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few days off and on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really. I think it’s an easy fix with all that I’ve read.... but I’m apparently mixing up something

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Ok well I hope they realize everything I’ve already done. I was hoping to troubleshoot
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Should I hang out and wait? Or just check back in the morning since it’s so late?
3/28/2018
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is ***** *****’d be happy to help you with your difficulties today but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. ....sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

-) The make and model CHAMBERLAIN or number of the devices in question and do you have the manuals for them?

-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have either an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

-) in your estimation….what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Wow!!! I think we better speak on the phone. I’ll send a message when I’m back online and set up a time to speak. Thanks!

we can talk now if you want

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hi Eddie,
I’m not sure if you are allowed to call me but I’m ready to troubleshoot this garage door issue whenever you’re avail. Thanks, Julie
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Eddie I’m not sure what happened. I turned off WiFi calling since maybe it doesn’t reach to garage. I’ll wait for you to call back. We may have to talk and exchange info and then try going back and forth online

okay .....i will try again

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
https://www.liftmaster.com/catalogresourcesv3/en-us/shared/files/tucmanuals/114a4253.pdf
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hi Eddie,
Let me know if you are able to view the attachment with the manual I said I would send. I did find the Model #. It’s under the front light cover... you have to take it off to see it.

Yes I can see it I will get that today ..............thanks Julie

RPM sensor CLICK HERE part #041C4672 10.93

Capacitor CLICK HERE part #030B0532-1 14.31

if Lowes or Home Depot doesn't have them they may be cheaper on Amazon

Hi Julie ..............just checking in to see for any updates

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Hi Eddie... I didn’t have a chance to do it yet. Working three 14 hour shifts in a row. I will prob get to it on Tues or weds next week. I’m going to order the parts today though probably. Thanks again. I’ll keep you updated.

good deal thanks

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor