Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

What does the replacement date mean and how many years

Customer Question
What does the replacement...

What does the replacement date mean and how many years should the alarm last

Contractor's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Kidde

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Clean, new batteries but alarms keep going off for no reason

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Red LED are flashing every 5 seconds

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
3/27/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 3 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Assuming you're talking about a smoke detector, these devices degrade over time. That's why they now have a date to replace it. In the past when we had no date on the device the rule was replace every 8 to 10 years.