Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

When we started the washing machine this morning... the

When we started the...

When we started the washing machine this morning... the floor at two toilets started pushing water out under the commode. Bless my husbands heart... he replaced the wax ring three times but it is still leaking when any water is running. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

No.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

He has done this today while I was trying to sleep (I work nights)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We are in the country so we have a septic system

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That would mean you have something backed up in the drain line to the septic tank. The washers will push water fast out and if the drain is backed up it will come out from wherever the lowest point is that it can escape. You need to have you drain lines snaked out.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Rapid response.

If you need more help let me know, but you need to get your lines snaked out you have a blockage.

Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman
Home Guru
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman