Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I just bought a TV LG 65 inches. I have a Articulating/Wall…

Customer Question
I just bought a TV...
I just bought a TV LG 65 inches. I have a Articulating/Wall Mount already installed , but I am missing the piece that goes on the back of the TV. Can you advise what should I buy? Thanks
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Home Improvement
3/25/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Susan Latta, General Contractor replied 28 days ago
Susan Latta
Susan Latta, General Contractor

Hi, my name is***** Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer. Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting you with your question.

That's a fabulous set up, congratulations, you will enjoy it.

Did you order the wall mount system online or did you buy it at a retail store in your local community?

I've got a couple of ideas you can try:

Option #1: If you purchased the wall mount system locally, I've seen customers successfully get that specific part from the same store and walk out with it free of charge. I'll tell you how to do this legally: Simply walk in to where they bought the mounting system and speak with the employee/specialist in that department (take your photo), and calmly tell them what was missing from the box you purchased and upon installation you discovered your box was missing the piece that goes on back of the TV to complete installation. If it's supposed to be on the TV rather than as part of the mounting system, do this same thing.

A photo is worth a thousand words, so show them the photo. Even if you don't know the correct name of the item, explain what it does (do your installation instructions give it's correct name?). Just be as specific as you can and point on the photo if you have to.

Many times they will open another box from the shelf and pull out the part you need from that unit and just hand it to you free of charge. They will pull the box they took the part from and damage it out and the manufacturer will send the store credit for the damaged wall mount system. You don't need to take your system in, just your photo. If, by chance, that employee "didn't get the memo" that it's perfectly fine for employees to assist the customer in this way, then go to the Customer Service Desk and ask to speak with the Store Manager or an Assistant Store Manager. Then proceed to tell the manager the same story, showing them the photo (a receipt is doubly helpful, but not a deal breaker if you don't have it).

This is the fastest method if purchased locally.

Option #2: Almost 100% guaranteed to work, is to find the phone number of the manufacturer online. Call them. Calmly tell them what happened, make sure they know the mounting system is attached to the wall and that you were almost done, ready to hang the TV, and then you discovered the missing part. Customer Service at manufacturing plants will usually jump over themselves to make you a happy customer. They don't like unhappy customers who spread negative comments about their company.

The Customer Service phone number should be on your installation sheet as well.

Good luck.

If you have additional questions regarding this subject, please feel free to ask. Thank you for using Just Answer as your handy, go-to informational resource!

Susan

If you feel I have addressed your concerns, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; this is the only way I receive financial recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating, will not end our conversation, should you have additional questions surrounding this topic. Simply click on “Reply” to write back and I am happy to continue with no additional charges.

Susan Latta
Susan Latta
Susan Latta, General Contractor