Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

How do we find out how to add a booster to our lawn system.

How do we find...

How do we find out how to add a booster to our lawn system. We have too many sprinkler heads in several stations. We do not have any information as to how to get started. The Henrys

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For several years, it is not a new problem, just gets worse.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, in our area, we live in a small town and service people are few.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My husband is great a doing repair jobs, he just needs someone to direct us to a plan as to how we could use a pump.

3/24/2018
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, an expert advisory company. My name is ***** ***** I am here to help you with your inquiry today… my goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible and instill your confidence in us with a 5 star rating…..….since I am not there it can be that much more daunting a task….. so I will need your to help with any information that I may ask and that you can provide…. I do need this for a more complete picture in trying to resolving your issue ..…… uploading pictures will help so I may request them….…I ask for your patience and together I am confident we can get this done…….you will be getting an automated phone message request, you can accept if it is more comfortable for you or disregard it for now…….. I am going to review what you have given me so far........this is an initial inquiry:

----how many zones do you have?

----how many heads are on each?

----are they umbrella heads or shoot a stream?

----they operate off of well water now?

----how many zoned timer?

----what part or time of the day do you water ?

Thanks

eddie

Please keep in mind I have nothing to do with billing ……….customer service would accommodate you on that…….I can only receive any kind of monetary credit from an acceptance of my answer by you with a positive rating

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
We have 7 stations
sprinkler heads vary in spray pattern, some full, some 1/2 or 1/4 10 to a station
they umbrrealla heads. we are on city water, has it own meter
we have one timer, we normally water 6:00 A.M. we live where we have lots of wind, later in the day so we try to avoid that

that is a lot of heads to a zone these days ........it seems that municipal water pressure has decreased in the past couple of years for some reason.............heads and their patterns could be changed or cut back to add another zone for better coverage on the lawn.......you would have to map that out for me and we can see where we could improve

Thank you for your positive rating........and the ensuing payment I will receive........ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be.........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>
We arr happy with Eddie adding a new line is not an option

splitting the one you have ?..............Like I asked if you can get me a rough sketch I would have a better idea on how to proceed

Thanks

do you know how many GPM your pump displaces?...............there should be a tag on it .........and how many years has it been in that same location?