Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a can of your Moeller Zinc primer, 025801. Can that…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a can of your Moeller Zinc primer, 025801. Can that be used on aluminum heads? (will it withstand some heat?)

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Haven't

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Marine application, edelbrock heads on a 455 olds 455 V8

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector replied 4 months ago
Jarrett Baker
Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your primer. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. I understand your question to be"Can that be used on aluminum heads? (will it withstand some heat ?" So to answer;

Yes, as long as it is applied properly and allowed to bond, it can withstand some heat. Here is the MSDS for it.

“Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Thank you for posting your question. – Your business is very valuable to us.- J Baker

Hi Jarrett,
Thanks for the response. I did look through the Moeller data sheet you sent; there's much info on it but I do not see anything there about temperature tolerances after it dries (maybe I missed it?) - there is much info that speaks to it in liquid form, which is not helpful; if it is in there, could you please reference the section that it's in?
Thanks again