Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We opened our Liftmaster garage door this morning and now it…

We opened our Liftmaster...

We opened our Liftmaster garage door this morning and now it won't close with the button at the door or the remote. The door is about 14' high, and is a loading dock style door that rolls up.Help please...We just killed 2 rattle snakes in our yard this morning and need that door closed to keep them out of the garage!!

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

We just bought the house...doors are about a year old, but I don't know the model. It is a Liftmaster door. I'll go look and see if I can find a model number on it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'd like to get the door to close today, so we'd like info on how to do that now, then a service tech to work on that door and another one we have that doesn't close all the way.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a LiftMaster Medium Duty Logic, but I don't find the model number on anything. It has a LiftMaster Commercial Protector System with Photoelectric Sensor.

3/24/2018
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, an expert advisory company. My name is ***** ***** I am here to help you with your inquiry today… my goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible and instill your confidence in us with a 5 star rating…..….since I am not there it can be that much more daunting a task….. so I will need your to help with any information that I may ask and that you can provide…. I do need this for a more complete picture in trying to resolving your issue ..…… uploading pictures will help so I may request them….…I ask for your patience and together I am confident we can get this done…….you will be getting an automated phone message request, you can accept if it is more comfortable for you or disregard it for now…….. I am going to review what you have given me so far........this is an initial assessment:

----lets try some simple actions first

----try holding the DOWN button so it may close

----Then we will do a reset

please follow these instructions explicitly and in its sequence

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS:

hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET:

unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....there is no battery in the wall transmitter…..plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Thanks

eddie

Please keep in mind I have nothing to do with billing ……….customer service would accommodate you on that…….I can only receive any kind of monetary credit from an acceptance of my answer by you with a positive rating

I do have to go offline in 5 minutes but I will check back asap

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
OK, Eddie. I got the door to close. I was unable to use the instructions you sent...there is no Learn button, and I wouldn't be able to unplug the opener to do the reset because the plug is about 14 feet off the floor...I'm not able to reach it. I pressed Stop on the control button then pressed Down and it worked. The mystery is that I have done those same steps several times this morning with no action. It is closed now, and I'm happy about that because of the snakes! We live in a rural area and it's near 80 degrees right now so the nasty little rattle snakes are crawling today.
I need to find a service technician near me to come out and adjust another door that doesn't close all the way, but just needed to get the door closed today. Thanks!

you're welcome ........I am going to research this a little more when I get a little more time and..........Thank you for your positive rating........and the ensuing payment I will receive........ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be.........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>

I don't know if this is your same model but I found this for you ..........it should help CLICK HERE there is a manual disconnect for it should you run into trouble again

Thanks for the info.

again you're welcome..........and thank you