Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a problem where my Nest camera doorbell is blocked in…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem where my Nest Hello camera doorbell is blocked in my AC1750 WiFi Cable Modem C6300 Router. I have been unable to unblock it. Help?

Contractor's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

No. It must be a wireless connection.

Contractor's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your C6300 router?

All solid except 2.4 and 5 G as well as Ethernet are blinking.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried going into Advanced, Security, Access Control where I have checked the doorbell camera and hit Allowed with no satisfaction.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
3/24/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Issues with blocked streaming media (videos) are often due to memory errors in the network devices that provide your wireless and Internet access. To rule out the network as the culprit, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes for the memory to drain. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Restart your computer and other devices that connect to the network after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.