Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I purchase a new schlague sense. Installed it. Mechanically…

I purchase a new schlague...
I purchase a new schlague sense.
Installed it. Mechanically it works. But when I connect the batteries there is no power even with new batteries and the thing doesn’t come to life.What to do ?
3/24/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

These locks you basically have 4 possibilities that may be causing the problem...

1. Battery not connected properly or weak batteries

2. Cable not attached properly or making proper contact

3. Shorted or faulty circuit board

4. Defective lockset

If item 1 or 2 doesn't resolve the problem you may want to return the lockset as defective and try another.

checked 1 and still not working.which cable to you mean in 2 ?

Here is a link to the manual for reference. Scroll down to the Instructions/Assembly link and the manual is located there. The cable is on page 8

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Schlage-Camelot-Satin-Nickel-Sense-Smart-Lock-BE479AA-V-CAM-619/206432277

Thanks. Sent old one back and got new one, it works

Excellent, glad it was faulty and not some other problem...

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Thank you for the positive rating it is appreciated.