Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We have a shower space into which we would like to fit a…

Customer Question
We have a shower...

We have a shower space into which we would like to fit a bath tub. The problem is the length. Without removing tiles and cutting into walls we have 1.32 m maximum. Are there any commercial options in Mérida Yuucatán Mexico

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Not too long. We have been trying to use the internet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depending on the work required. Plumbing probably not.

Contractor's Assistant: How severe is the problem? And when did this start?

The space ( length) is the problem and has been for two years

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. That is our problem. Obviously we do not need jets etc. just a simple bath tub.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 day by:
3/25/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Susan Latta, General Contractor replied 4 months ago
Susan Latta
Susan Latta, General Contractor

Hi, my name is***** Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer. Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting you with your question.

Sound like a unique situation, but I have a few ideas. My first question would be if you have a budget for this tub? Would you mind sharing an approximate amount for the tub/faucet/(labor)...an approximate total, in other words.

Are you willing to sit with knees bent, or are you wanting to spread out, or lounge, or a tub for two? The latter may be a little difficult....

What is the overall décor or styling of your home/bathroom? Southwest, contemporary, traditional, or how would you describe it? Is it in an area with few neighbors of highly urban?

Answering these questions would be helpful for me to give you more ideas, and ideas that fit your house, otherwise I will be blindly shooting from the hip Please allow me a few hours to gather ideas and I will be back with you by this evening . Thanks.