Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

How do I install the metal strip between tile floor &

Customer Question
How do I install...

How do I install the metal strip between tile floor & carpet.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Bathroom has new tile floor, Need to install metal strip connecting new tile floor with carpet in hall. Both floors are at same level.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
3/20/2018
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

There is a specific transition piece for tile and carpet. Basically the metal piece is nailed to the floor (either wood or concrete) then the carpet stretched onto that transition piece and then the top of the transition piece in folded over the carpet edge making for a clean seam.

Here is a link to an example of what it looks like.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/M-D-Building-Products-Satin-Clear-1-263-in-x-96-in-Aluminum-Tile-to-Carpet-Edging-Trim-07567/205877123