Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Sorry my computer closed out you were helping me and i put…

Hi sorry my computer...

Hi sorry my computer closed out you were helping me and i put in my card information

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i already told you i did this already

3/19/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

What is your question? Nothing was mentioned on this posting.

My maytag bravos 300 is not drying my clothes. I started with the lint trap, unscrewed and vacuumed out. Now it has been running for over an hour and it wont dry. It started to smell like it was burning so i stopped it and the metal on the back was too hot to touch so I am afraid it will start a fire. The time says 10 minutes remaining and wont change.

Do you know if the drum is turning?

the drum is turing
I didnt mean to request a phone call. I am ok with online chat.

Is the drum hot inside?

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Phone call session started
the drum is hot but its mostly the back of the dryer is too hot to touch

It sounds like the airflow is not circulating properly, like possibly the drum might have a problem or the ducting inside.

can you explain how to fix that, or do i need a pro?

The only way to know exactly what the problem is will be to remove the panels and then run a cycle and observe what it is doing and not doing.

I tried calling but the system didn't connect, not sure how to call you?

I got no call, my number is(###) ###-####

I will call you after I finish my appointment

Should be in about 45 mins

Sounds good, thanks.

If you decide to replace the dryer, hopefully it will provide many years of service.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave