Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Dishwasher repair. I have a whirpool dishwasher gold series…

Customer Question
Dishwasher repair. I have a...
Dishwasher repair. I have a whirpool dishwasher gold series model #wdf750saym3 that had a problem with the pump and motor assembly. The unit is only a few years with
very little hours of use. I replace the pump and motor assembly just December 2017 and the dishwasher worked fine again. Now less than a month its not washing, but doing the other functions. Why the pump fail again?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Home Guru, Handyman replied 3 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

ARe you sure the main motor is not running?

When the unit is running proper after it fills with water you can hear the motor going and the sprayer arms rotating.
But what's happening now the unit would fill with water and you would have time past then the water would pump
out and the unit would fill with water again but no wash activity.
Hello did I just pay for you to ask me if my motor is running?

I am sorry I did not see your messages, so the unit fills then you hear the main motor run, but no washing?

No I don't hear the motor run the unit unit only cycle's filling and pumping the water
out with no arm rotation.

Can you check the motor for any power to it with a volt meter?

WILL DO

OK thanks and let me know you should see 120 volts to the motor