Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We have insulated windows. Two of them have developed

fogging between the glass. They...
We have insulated windows. Two of them have developed fogging between the glass. They say this is a broken seal. Why can't they be resealed as opposed to changing out the glass?
3/17/2018
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The seal is formed when the 2 panes of glass are put together at the factory. The seal cannot be repaired. You'd break the glass in any attempt to get them apart to reseal. Replacing the glass is the only fix.

Thanks

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, General Contractor