Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We have some old heavy drapes that part in the center. The…

Customer Question
Hi. We have some old...
Hi. We have some old heavy drapes that part in the center. The rod is about 10 feet long. These are pinched pleat drapes. The loop cord that you pull that opens and closes the drapes is wearing thin and in fact is so thin that it broke the other day. The remaining cord allows us to open the drapes but there is nothing to pull on to close the drapes. What should we do? Can this be repaired by us or a drapery person or should we think about getting rid of the rod and getting a new one? Or should we think about getting rid of the drapes all together and getting something more modern or some blinds? Thank you very much.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Continue. Thanks.
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

The cord can be restrung and is fairly easy to do if you know how. Center open drapes requires much longer cord as it doubles back. The cord can be purchased from a local drapery or window blind store, or it is just as easy to take the rod to them and let them do it, that way you know for sure it is correct, plus they can replace worn out parts if necessary.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Answered. Thanks.
Home Improvement Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 29 days ago

You are most welcome...

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customerwith the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Ratingbased on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answeringquestions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a fewmoments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, howeverif additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and Iwill respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor