Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

My house was built in 1970. We have electrical circuits

My house was built in...
My house was built in 1970. We have electrical circuits which go on and off at will and it is not a breaker issue. I think that we have a 'limited' power service because the trouble began as we started using electronics which demand more power. Also certain outlets and 'lines' of service will stop working if others are working. For example, the outlets in the lower level will stop working if I use certain outlets on the upper level. Could this be a wiring issue?Would it be prudent to get an upgrade of my electrical service and the box? What is a reasonable cost to do this? Would the Master Electrician test all the outlets in the house and should this be included in the cost?
3/16/2018
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, an expert advisory company. My name is ***** ***** I am here to help you with your inquiry today… my goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible and instill your confidence in us with a 5 star rating…..….since I am not there it can be that much more daunting a task….. so I will need your to help with any information that I may ask and that you can provide…. I do need this for a more complete picture in trying to resolving your issue ..…… uploading pictures will help so I may request them….…I ask for your patience and together I am confident we can get this done…….you will be getting an automated phone message request, you can accept if it is more comfortable for you or disregard it for now…….. I am going to review what you have given me so far........

-what size breaker panel or service is there now?

-is the box fill with breakers or are there open spots for more?

-do you have a tester?

if you have or could pick up these items CLICK HERE AND HERE I would like for you to test those lower outlets when they go out

Would it be prudent to get an upgrade of my electrical service and the box? FROM WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ...MORE THAN LIKELY

What is a reasonable cost to do this? IT WILL VARY FROM STATE TO STATE SO i WOULD ONLY BE SPECULATING

Would the Master Electrician test all the outlets in the house and should this be included in the cost? YES AND BE PREPARED THAT HE MAY HAVE TO RUN SOME NEW WIRES

Thanks

eddie

Please understand I have nothing to do with billing ……….customer service would accommodate you on that…….I can only receive any kind of monetary credit from an acceptance of my answer by you with a positive rating

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I think we have a tester. If not, I will buy one. I'm not sure if future contact between us to test my outlets is included in the initial cost I agreed to. Please advise. Thank you

yes you can just reply back on this e-mail at least 3 days to get me ...........if not requestCustomer/p>

and thank you for your positive rating........and the ensuing payment I will receive........ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be.....I would be happy to do a follow-up question if you have one..........keep in mind if ever you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc.

Customer/p>

I should amend that ..........I only have 3 days on an open ticket to contact you the it closes for me .........you'll have more ......probably weeks

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor