Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a liftmaster 3200 that will only go up about 36

Customer Question
I have a liftmaster...

I have a liftmaster 3200 that will only go up about 36 inches on it own. How ever if I put up ward pressure on it till it gets half way up it will go up the rest of the way up on its own.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is some thing simple.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Improvement
3/16/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 1 month ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, an expert advisory company. My name is ***** ***** I am here to help you with your inquiry today… my goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible and instill your confidence in us with a 5 star rating…..….since I am not there it can be that much more daunting a task….. so I will need your to help with any information that I may ask and that you can provide…. I do need this for a more complete picture in trying to resolving your issue ..…… uploading pictures will help so I may request them….…I ask for your patience and together I am confident we can get this done…….you will be getting an automated phone message request, you can accept if it is more comfortable for you or disregard it for now…….. I have reviewed what you have given me so far........this is an initial assessment: .....we can start off by setting the travel limits and the force adjustments............

-) do you have a manual?

-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have either an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring a recent power outage?

-) in your estimation….what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

Thanks

eddie

Please understand I have nothing to do with billing ……….customer service would accommodate you on that…….I can only receive any kind of monetary credit from an acceptance of my answer by you with a positive rating

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I trust this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor