Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a cleaning company, one of my employees scratch

Customer Question
I have a cleaning...

I have a cleaning company, one of my employees scratch stainless steel countertop, I would like to know if this could be repaired.
Thank you Estella

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Last week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I will like to know if you reair this type of services

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Improvement
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/16/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'M still needing asistance
Home Improvement Expert: Mary Baker, Consultant replied 27 days ago
Mary Baker
Mary Baker, Consultant

Hello, my name is*****'m a professional freelance copywriter, marketing expert, journalist and editor. I am looking forward to working with you.

It is very possible to remove scratches from stainless steel, and I have included some articles, videos and products in the list below. Most of these suggestions involve buffing compounds that will remove light scratches. If the scratch is deep, you may have to resort to using sandpaper first, then buffing and polish compounds (which will be a LOT of work to restore the former finish). I suggest you start with the lighter compounds first and see how it goes. Since you are a professional cleaner, having a buffing compound in your toolbox may be a handy way to give all your clients' stainless steel a nice polish.

Tip: My old cleaning team would rub stainless sinks with baby oil after cleaning. It gives the metal a sparkly sheen and protects from hard water spots and crusts around faucet seams, for a few days at least. After I learned that trick, I always kept some on hand.

* https://www.bobvila.com/articles/how-to-remove-scratches-from-stainless-steel/

* https://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-remove-scratches-from-stainless-steel-appliances.htm

* https://www.familyhandyman.com/appliance-repair/sanding-stainless-steel-appliances/view-all/

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOmUran35dE

* https://www.grainger.com/product/1MPU7

* http://www.truevalue.com//catalog/product.jsp?productId=78529& (Claims to remove deep gouges and rust spots as well. I have not tried this brand.)

Home Improvement Expert: Mary Baker, Consultant replied 16 days ago

Was this information helpful? Please remember to accept the answer and rate my service. :)

Mary Baker
Mary Baker
Mary Baker, Consultant