Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have a Grohe shower unit whose valve is shot, and is

I have a Grohe...

I have a Grohe shower unit whose valve is shot, and is beyond just leaking. I'm trying to access the valve to replace it and am not sure whether the sleeve screws off or is supposed to be just pulled off any way it's not coming with hand strength, plus the sleeve is plastic, need some help.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

The spout has lost the ability to hold water when turned off. The thermostat and filter are secondary issues at this point.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can send a picture

3/13/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I send you a picture?

Most shower valve cartridges are plastic and have several O-rings making them tight. Make sure there are no retaining clips holding it in, and you may need a cartridge puller to remove it that your home improvement center should have.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, thanks

You are most welcome...

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor