Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

How do you prep a wall for subway tile in a bathroom that…

How do you prep...

How do you prep a wall for subway tile in a bathroom that will be in the shower and around the tub?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I had it done by a contractor who hired a so called tile person. They are the large subway tiles. No one told me their would be variances and some places it looks almost like a basket weave. I would like to know what you suggest to put on the walls under the tile

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

See what I just wrote

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

They used the orange Shluter on a roll and put it directly on regular dry wall. Now the grout is getting little pin holes and some places by frameless glass shower door and tub and floor the grout is cracking/flaking.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

What do you mean dryer???? We r talking tile

I need to know ANSI standards as he is suing me for frivolous case stating nothing wrong with my tile job. They blamed it on Virginia tile but have someone working with them stating it was installed according to their instructions. No one ever to.d me that the large tiles could have a variance and even if they had I would never have dreamed it would look this,bad.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/14/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
8212;I would still like an answer.
Thank you.
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

I have several questions for you and it would be best to discuss over the phone.

I am going through s court case over bathroom tile. Did you see the picture? I just need so
Done who is a contractor/-I am gathering info from knowledgeable people-the correct way to prep a wAll for subway tile that will be in the shower and around the tub. Everything g tho g o teD says use green board or white board. Something waterproof. I am getting little pin holes everywhere in grout. They just used regular dry wall and put the roll of shluter stuff onto drywall. Could that possibly be reason grout is crumbling?
Please just write a sentence or two about how you would prep walls for bathroom in showerx
I saw the photo and can write a few comments however I would still like to discuss over the phone and give some insight
I have s lawyer who I am paying g and I can’t afgird another 24 right now. I e antedating paid 39.
Understand about not paying more money but I don’t know how to contact you otherwise as there is no contact info
Just wrote on here or email me at***@******.***

Email host says don't have an account???

How do I contact you?

I’m sorry that I didn’t progress***@******.***

I emailed you...

Based on the photos I would say the contractor either didn't prepare the wall properly or rushed the tile job. It is not likely the tiles are defective as they claim.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

Thank you very much day for helping me.

You are most welcome...

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Thank you very much for the positive rating and the additional bonus, I sincerely ***** ***** both. If you need further assistance or help with another question, just let me know.

Best,

Dave