Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We just had new windows installed in the front of our house.

The old windows were removed...
We just had new windows installed in the front of our house. The old windows were removed down to the rough opening. The installers had to remove the old caulk from the brick around the rough opening. In doing that, they accidentally, but consistently, tore holes in the thick black plastic vapor barrier that wraps around the rough opening frame from behind the brick wall. Is this damage going to be detrimental to the integrity of the vapor barrier? If I had done this work myself, I would have protected the plastic vapor barrier from any damage.
3/11/2018
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It's not a cause for concern as long as the new windows are sealed in (caulked) properly.

That’s what the installer told me so I feel much better now. Thanks.

You're welcome

I'd appreciate a favorable rating

Rick
Rick, General Contractor