Home Improvement

Connect one-on-one with a verified home improvement expert who will answer your question

Brian
Brian
Brian, Architect

More related answers
All home improvement experts are VERIFIED
This is for a septic tank that they installed, but I don't
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
Hi Brian, This is for a septic tank that they installed, but I don't know who to actually talk too. Since the guy who did the work is not giving me a straight answer. … read more
Our daughter is a single mother, 2 daughters age 2and 4. She
Susan Latta
Susan Latta, Kitchen and Bath Designer, Contractor
Our daughter is a single mother, 2 daughters age 2and 4. She purchased her grandmothers house a year ago and put on an addition Now there is water setting in her backyard and she has water in her furn… read more
I need to replace my garage floor and driveway - due to
duane
duane, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
I need to replace my garage floor and driveway - due to large tree roots that buckled. I got rid of the tree 4 years ago - and am just trying to get an idea of the cost of going through with the repai… read more
I live in a major drought area and need to make sure I'm not
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
I live in a major drought area and need to make sure I'm not wasting water in my yard. What are some things I can do?… read more
35 yro town house, 3 bedroom.. row type where several joined
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
35 yro town house, 3 bedroom.. row type where several joined together. two stories with basement. problem is in top level (2nd floor) their seems to be very small leak from the roofing shingles, indic… read more
How do you figure yards of concrete. Want to pour a pad 10x20
Steve G., Handyman
How do you figure yards of concrete. Want to pour a pad 10x20 3 1/2 inches thick. How would I figure how many yards I need… read more
We have had a leak in the roof of our cottage for over a year.
Eric M. Bright
Eric M. Bright, We Don't Comprehend the Word Can't!
We have had a leak in the roof of our cottage for over a year. We covered nearly half of the roof (it is only a 450 sq ft. cottage) with tarps weighted with bricks and it got us through the winter but… read more
I have a water leak in the basement where steel bolts when
Charles
Charles, Owner
I have a water leak in the basement where steel bolts when through to hold a concrete slap at our back door. The concrete slap was repalced when a concrete driveway was installed in 2007. I have two d… read more
My 20 lb dog recently within the last 2 months got fleas and
Stephen Cutler
Stephen Cutler, Registered Residential Contractor
My 20 lb dog recently within the last 2 months got fleas and I can't get rid of them. He has been on frontline plus consistantly for 2 year I have also tried fleas bath but I still can't get rid of th… read more
WATER DAMAGE. I have lived in this residence 18 years. Along
Eric M. Bright
WATER DAMAGE. I have lived in this residence 18 years. Along with the front steps, and garage, the kitchen window ledge has water damage. The kitchen window I just replaced as the damage was very inte… read more
The city appeared at our home to drain pool and block fence
Eric M. Bright
The city appeared at our home to drain pool and block fence with a plastic fence advising this was an emergency repair. They left the fence how we repaired it but drained our pool. The vinyl has now c… read more
Is it ok for retaining wall to be half a foot into the ground?
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
My question is concerning water drainage. Whenever it rains I have two rivers (2-9 inches deep if not more) flow down the sides of my yard. I know that it is draining properly because it goes around m… read more
Hello. This may be out of range for the listed expert categories
Stephen Cutler
Hello. This may be out of range for the listed expert categories of Just Answer, but I will ask anyway. We are evaluating poured foundation repair approaches by several companies. The house is 48 year… read more
I live in New Orleans, and have had my two story brick home
Stephen Cutler
I live in New Orleans, and have had my two story brick home renovated post Katrina. About a year ago, the hardwood floors I installed on the first floor started popping up, water was seeping through s… read more
I need yo repair a small leak in a water pipe. The pipe is ...
Michael L...........JA Construction
Michael L...........JA Construction, Maintenance Specialist/Tech III
I need yo repair a small leak in a water pipe. The pipe is located in my garage close to the garage door and near the outside water spigot. I have shut off the outside spigot (wason) in hopes that was… read more
i have an above the ground swimming pool safety is an ...
James, Owner
i have an above the ground swimming pool safety is an issue in my home. i am currently researching pool alarms. i have two questions: - do they continue to work in the winter in new york when you dont… read more
the water table in my yard is so high that the water ...
Handyman-4-Rent
Handyman-4-Rent, Home improvement specialist
the water table in my yard is so high that the water bubbles right out of the ground is there a way to fix this… read more
how can I find out about concreting my front garden
Michael L...........JA Construction
At present we have concrete with a small area in the middle for plants and a small brick wall (approx 8 foot). We want to be able to park our Car in the front. Thank you.… read more