Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I asked you a question the other day about composite boards…

I asked you a question...
I asked you a question the other day about composite boards beside a pool. Well we have decided to sand and paint the existing boards as that will last a little while so my question is What is the best way to sand 80 2x6x48" boards
3/10/2018
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

my initial thought was a drum sander but that's not going to work you have too many waves and bows there so you need something the width of the board ...............so a belt sander would be best that way you can control it and concentrate on areas that need it most...........you may have to sink some of the fasteners or you may go through a lot of belts .........use a random orbit sander also for the areas that isn't needed so much so it won't be such a back breaking task

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can do the belt sander that sounds good, however I am not sure of which paint to use, is one better than the other. I am thinking of a paint and primer combo. Do you think they are as good as primer by itself then paint. I am going for longevity if possible. Thanks for your help

On your deck I would suggest 2 heavy coats .........not only to protect it from ultraviolet rays but to cut down on the shards of wood splintering off ........I have always used ***** ***** products .............I have used Behr's products a couple of times and was surprised how well they preformed ...........I think I wouldn't hesitate to try the Deck Over see if it will last

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor