Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

MY Lux Thermostat is not working. It looks like the control…

Hi, MY Lux Thermostat...

Hi, MY Lux Thermostat is not working. It looks like the control panel is stuck which says "LO"

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Specific to the thermostat because heat is running in other areas of the house except for this thermostat that controls two rooms

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. Could it be just the battery?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can you help us.

3/8/2018
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Most thermostats a "LO" would refer to the battery. First thing to try is replacing the batteries. Do you have the model number of the thermostat?

TX1500Uc/P621Uc

The only "LO" reference I see is related to the battery.

For this model there is also a "LO" which indicates the room temp is below normal range. If the room temp is above freezing this is a thermostat malfunction.

If replacing the batteries doesn't work try pushing the HW RST button. This will reset the thermostat.

where on the thermostat is the HW RST button?

It's just below the battery holder. You'll have to remove the thermostat from the wall to get to it as well as changing the batteries

we did change the battery . Seems like it is working but top portion of control panel flashes 8888. What does that mean?"?"

It's still malfunctioning. If the reset button doesn't work you'll have to replace the thermostat

Where is the reset button because control panel only says:
Temperature, choices of Heat or Cool;
Setting: Run, daytime, temperature program , air filter
Series of buttons: set back (Is this the reset button?), up and down buttons, and Hold button
Two buttons: one for emergency and one for next

On the back of the thermostat. You have to remove it from the wall to get to it

The thermostat is screwed into the walll, so how do we access tit? Do we need to uscrew it or is there any other way?
Thank you. I think we are all set.

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, General Contractor