Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Lock expert: a person has an old door, with mortise lock. Is…

Customer Question
lock expert: a person has...
lock expert: a person has an old door, with mortise lock. Is there an electronic/keypad lock to replace this? I know a separate dead bolt can be installed but what about the old lock. Is it better to just update an put a new fiberglass door on the house?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
3/8/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
need a locksmith to answwer
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 4 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi .................there are many sizes and types of mortise locks .....here are a couple of sites that you can try to match up with before you change out an expensive door

CLICK HERE for ideas and sites

Please let me know

Thanks

eddie

I want to install an electronic lock in the same holes as the mortise style not just replaced the old lock. the link does not help.

okay I gave it a shot........maybe one of my colleagues will have a better idea for it..........so I will opt out ..............good luck