Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

My Liftmaster remote is 14 years old. Lately I have to push…

My Liftmaster remote is...

My Liftmaster remote is 14 years old. Lately I have to push the remote button up to 8 times for the door to go down. The door goes up on the first push. Should I replace the remote?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Liftmaster (don't know the model, not at home). This has just begun about a month ago a seems to be getting worse.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. I think the remote has a code

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/6/2018
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I still need assistance
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi........what is most likely happening is you have safety sensors on your doors rails and they are out of line......they need to be aligned with a solid non flickering green or amber LED light on each...............please let me know if you have that

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Thank you for your positive rating........and the ensuing payment I will receive........ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be.........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>