Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I am trying to put a door knob in a 2 1/8 inch hole. It is…

I am trying to put...
I am trying to put a door knob in a 2 1/8 inch hole. It is one and seveneights inches from the middle of the hole to the edge of the door. I cannot find a suitable set up. What type of set up with this P called or where is somewhere that I can locate it online. It should be able to lock from the inside preferably but not being a key style lock
3/1/2018
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

hello...............you should be able to adjust what is called the back set on the strike latch............it should slide over into a notch

The ones I have found are still too big and leave the center of the latch too far to one side so the handle will not fit

I have to go offline for tonight but if you could upload a couple of photos it would help out considerably

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Thanks

eddie

these doors were interior French doors with dummy knobs originally?..............well I searched high and wide and not with any promising results.........the closest I got was this place CLICK HERE that will custom make to order anything so I guess it the best option for now ..............let me know

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Thank you for your positive rating........and the ensuing payment I will receive........ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be......if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>