Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Why do I get water from the showers in both bathrooms when I…

Why do I get...

Why do I get water from the showers in both bathrooms when I turn the hot water off to the water heater?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

You're not really a plumber are you? I just bought an older house. The water heater has a slowly dripping relief valve. I want to replace it. So I set out to turn of the breaker (its' elec), then shut the water off and drain it. Then, since i was in the basement, with open pipes, I could hear the water running. both the first and second floor showers were running a small stream amount of water.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I plan on doing the work myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I am aware of.

2/19/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

How much water comes out from each shower?

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Hmm, i didn't measure it. It is at my rental property, not home where I am now. It was more than a trickle, but much less than full volume.
Phone call session started

It was a pleasure speaking with you today if you have additional questions just let me know.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave