Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We had our concrete cleaned and sealed ( no stain) and it is…

We had our concrete cleaned...
We had our concrete cleaned and sealed ( no stain) and it is shined and pretty. We moved in and out furniture on our back porch snd scooted it and it scratched right through the sealer.how can I fix this as it looks terrible now?
This needs to be in the home improvement section , not car Vetrinary
2/18/2018
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sealer is not intended to be an aesthetic finish. You can paint the floor with epoxy paint

This is what it looks like
Picture of it with scratches on it from simply scooting furniture
It was sealed last week and we just scooted patio furniture across it
We paid the contractor 900
To have this done on our front and back porches
It scratches so so easily. What can fix it?

Some sealer over the scratch will likely make it go away. But it looks like your furniture needs pads on the feet to protect the floor.

I need to exactly what type or brand of sealer to use ? Also is it glossy like his normally? I love the gloss
I just know nothing about sealing concrete

You need to contact your contractor and find out what he used. He may even have some left over that he can give you. Glossy is one finish there are others. You just wet a rag with the sealer and let it set for 10 minutes then wipe off the excess with a rag damped with the same sealer.

Does it always scratch this easy ?

Yes, it's no a hard finish like epoxy paint. Anything that could scratch/scuff a wood floor will do the same here.

Okay. What is concrete sealer called? Is it just a one finish thing or what?

It's called concrete sealer but it's important that you use what was used originally to cover this scratch.

Do you have more questions?

Rick
Rick, General Contractor