Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

14-4 to 14-3 connected 2 blacks and a red together now I…

14-4 to 14-3 connected...

14-4 to 14-3 connected 2 blacks and a red together now I cannot turn lights off

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This morning, needed to remove some pull chain lights for a basement remodel

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, are you working with a contractor?

Just a drywall contractor, trying to prep the ceiling myself

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The electrical.....yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do not believe so

2/18/2018
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

this is for a 3 way ............where did you connect those wires together and in which box does the feed come into ?

what do you mean by 14-4 ......is that 14-3 with a ground?

14-3 with a ground. The feed I believe comes into a dimmer switch and exits as a 14-2 with ground to lights in an adjoining room

so you have a 4 way or a 3 way light switches?

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Please call any time
Phone call session started

Thank you for your choice of using myself and the Just Answer Premium Service it was easier to facilitate a dialogue on the phone to affect a repair with the problem you were encountering........I trust you were able to make an informed decision as to where your problem was resolved......or will be......I hope both I and the site have instilled your confidence so that you would generate positive feedback and of course bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated........if you ever need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>