Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Is there anyway or product that help me slow down a door…

Is there anyway or product...
Is there anyway or product that help me slow down a door when I let go of it? So it doesn't slam (it's an apartment door) .
2/16/2018
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi .......is there a door closer on it now?................one remedy may be to put a self closing hinge(s) on it ...........it you can get me a couple of photos, measurement of the hinge (it may be 3 1/2) ........brass?.......silver?.......I can try and match one up for you ...............and what type of door it is.........wood?..........steel?

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Thanks

eddie

I made a video of it. Please let me know if this is enough

there was nothing attached to this e-mail

I am sorry. Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CMXwIXjORxkMbELWIkexE1iUzhKqsbgcDO3gFXCZTE0/edit?usp=sharing

this link is for supply spread sheets .....................can you just upload some photos and make this simple

Ops. Wrong one. Here is the correct one
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l82JKQ24RPLX8KA7vMG9oYM5lY3-qNvP/view?usp=sharing
The last one is the correct one. Sorry about that

those are already self closing hinges .............they can be adjusted .......through the years they can come out of from where they werte set at or become defective if you have someone who knows what they are doing or they may need to be replaced ...............let me know

Isn't there a cheaper way ? Maybe a DIY door stopper?
I'd rather not having to pay someone

do you live in a tenement building?.................do they have a maintenance staff?........that could be considered an communal repair

I would like to do it myself. I don't like the maintenance people.

they are spring loaded ...........there is a pin ......you release the tension on the pin.............remove it ........then adjust the hinge to one notch putting the pin back each time ...............when at the right tension put the pin back for the final time

Do you mean those three things on the side of the door?
Do you think this is easier than getting a door stopper for right above the door?

you said you wanted to slow the door down ...........a door stopper is something all together different .............did you mean a door closer too ?

That's what I meant to say

those hinges do the same thing ............plus you would need someone to install it properly in which you didn't want to do

Ok. If you say it is easier do do it myself the fixing of the ones on the side of my door......
Could you send me a simple YouTube video on how to do it? That would be enough for me to do it.
Thanks

or the hinges may have to be replaced ...........keep it in mind .........I searched and found this one for you ........

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO COURTESY OF YOUTUBE CLICK HERE

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I trust this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie

do you know if you have this item that man shows in the video on Amazon.com? Could you send me the link?I want the link and video of the same item to do everything right.Thank you!

it is the same thing only a different style ...........it was the closest I could get to your problem that you wanted to repair

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Thank you for your positive rating........and the ensuing payment I will receive........ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be......if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>