Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I'm having trouble with my washer? It is not spinning so I…

I'm having trouble with...

I'm having trouble with my washer? It is not spinning so I took my sheets out of the washer and it also still had water in it.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just happened

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends what is wrong with it. It also was flashing a code.

1/21/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

W​hat was the error code and what is the make and model of washer?

I'm going to turn it on really quick and I'll see what code pops up. I'll also get the other info your asking for.

Ok

I turned it on and it started working. If you don't mind can you give me just a few more mins. just to make sure all is good?

Sure no problem... hopefully it was just an out of balance code and waiting a few minutes has reset itself.

I hope that's it. I think the code was 1E or IE. Does that ring a bell at all?

depends on the make and model number

Is this a Whirlpool washer?

It says Samsung (VRT)

Ok stand by...

Here is the explanation of the E1 error code;

Samsung washing machine Not filling in allocated time error code 4E and E1 Fault
This is essentially a fill timeout error which will normally mean that either the water isn't on or that an inlet valve has failed or pressure switch problem check pipes as well.
Water fill time out:
The washing machine has failed to fill with water in a reasonable time.

Basically if the machine is out of ba***** *****ke sheets can do, the timer may have been on a rinse/spin cycle and no water was detected for a short period of time. Waiting a few minutes and restarting the machine should have resolved the problem and the error code should disappear. If you have problem in the future, record the error message and try to get the model number to better determine the problem.

Ok, thank you soooo much!!!! My Mom would have killed me if I broke her washer. I really appreciate it. You're going to get an awesome review.

Lol... Hopefully you won't have to endure that treatment, mom's can be tough... enjoy the new year.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Thank you very much for the positive rating, I sincerely ***** ***** If you need further assistance or help with another question, just let me know.

Best,

Dave