Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

My thermador stove top is clicking and there is sparking to…

My thermador stove top...

My thermador stove top is clicking and there is sparking to the burner. The clicking goes away when I turn on the flame

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 10 minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When we turn on the burner and get a flame the clicking sound goes away

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/21/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Does it do this when the burner is completely off?

David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
it clicks when the burner is off and goes away when the burner is on. I have cleaned the openings with a pin. Appears that ignitor button is sparking
Phone call session started

I tried calling you but it didn't go through??

try land line(###) ###-####

Y​ou either have a bad burner switch or a bad ignition module.

It was a pleasure speaking with you if you need additional assistance just let me know.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave