Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Kitchen faucet model ca 87000 leaking at the neck.I am

Kitchen faucet model ca...

Kitchen faucet model ca 87000 leaking at the neck.I am unable to remove faucet neck from top

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Probablyawhile faucet purchased in 2010

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Want to try to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

1/20/2018
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ......is this a pull out faucet ?

No

is it leaking by the neck base or the spout ?

At the neck base. I was able to loosen the collar and slide it up should the faucet neck pull out or is it secured from underneath

it will pull out from the model number you gave me

it does have a sprayer attached would that make a difference?
Does it matter if there is a sprayer?Is this a possible o ring problem?

I would think it is the 'O' ring or gasket by the neck ........if you get in touch with Moen .......which I am assuming it is ..........they will send you the part more than likely free of charge

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Ok thank you for your time.

any filters too ..............there might be a repair kit ...........let me know if you need the phone number

Thanks again I will check their website.

you're welcome ............and thank you for your positive rating........and the ensuing payment I will receive........ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be......if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>