Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I trying to operate Sentry safe lock and the key pad. The…

Good day,I trying to operate...
Good day,I trying to operate Sentry safe lock and the key pad. The electronic key pad doesn't work no more (no light no beeps). I've changed to new batteries several times. How can the the key pad electronics be fixed with a locked safe?
1/18/2018
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Hi..........more than likely the batteries may not be making good contact.......so take a nail file and go over the metal parts ......you can buy a contact cleaner spray or clean off any corrosiveness with alcohol and a swab........make sure the batteries fit in there snuggly..........if this doesn't work we will get more creative.........do you have an override key?
Thanks
eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good day...I got the safe open. The electric system doesn't work efficiently. My action steps - I cleaned the connectors with alcohol. I tried 8-10 new and different 9V and AA batteries. I repeatedly and gently wiggled the connections around. The wiggling and battery activity lasted for 15 mins.Then, one battery and/or connection sparked the key lock with dim lights and a low battery notice. With this one successful attempt, I will not lock the safe or keep items inside. I will see what repairs can be done. Thanks and good journey!

you may have a loose connection along with that ........if you know how to resolder it will help........and thank you for your positive rating........and the ensuing payment I will receive........ I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be......if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>
Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor