Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

One of the grandchildren was pushing buttons on the Sentry…

Customer Question
One of the grandchildren...

One of the grandchildren was pushing buttons on the Sentry Safe and locked it up. The key is inside the safe. How do I get it open? Tried removing the button on front, but still cannot gt it to open

Contractor's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Virginia

Contractor's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. We just discovered it a few days ago.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Improvement
1/17/2018
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ........I suppose you have a dial or a keypad and don't have the combination for it?.........maybe you wrote it down somewhere at some time?............because you options are ............1-) we could try a couple of things 2-) you can contact Sentry with your serial number and get another override key or the factory preset with some Notarized papers and a 30. fee........ or 3-) if it is a dire situation you can call a locksmith and he can try or it may wind up destroying the safe .............please get back to me with what information you can about it ie: model.......dial........how old it is.......when was the last time it was opened..........thanks

eddie

Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 6 months ago

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I trust this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie