Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

In a retail setting, is it required to provide a restroom(s)

In a retail setting...

In a retail setting, is it required to provide a restroom(s) to the public? if there is a restroom upstairs, is it required to provide ada restrooms downstairs?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just this year-state of ga

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would have it done for me

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really, city (s. ga) said that they go by state code which requires a man and woman restrooms downstairs

1/16/2018
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thx

WHat kind of retail store is it how big each floor and are they linked via a stairwell or escalator?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just checking, are you still online

Yes, I posted

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
video sales/rentals along with games, etc; only linked via stairs

Yes you need one then on each floor of the place.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just one ada compliant downstairs that is gender neutral, not 2 for men and women in state of ga?
is there a state code to refer to?

Yes you just need a bathroom upstairs and downstairs not two for men and women.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thx, if you have a georgia code i would appreciate it

What county are you in?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
worth county, georgia, but they said they go by state code
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the city admin person and building inspector said that 2 downstairs restrooms are required per state law

I do not see that listed did he give you the State Law?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Call the State Fire Marshal's office and ask them, I do not see it listed in the law as that anywhere, but they would know.

Telephone:(###) ###-####br />Toll Free:(###) ###-####/p>

Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you
Home Guru
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman