Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

The beeping continues on and on after I, open door and think…

The beeping continues on...

The beeping continues on and on after I cook, open door and think I am through. Not so, beeping has gone on two hours

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

How do I get the mocrowave to stopo beeping? Have unplugged and put b ack on

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool. Model WMC20005

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes it must be a button to press!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No other problems

1/15/2018
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ..........there is one lesser known trick if it can work for yours ........unplug it again for 1 minute and press the START button........in the meantime I will look to see if I can find in my notes if your model has a re set

you didn't have a power outage did you ?

no power outage, and after doing the above, still the beeps

try this one too .......unplug it again for a good minute .........plug it back and let microwave run and run down for 30 seconds.....if you hear a beep press the STOP/CLEAR .........it this doesn't work it probably needs a part or service .........let me know

Thanks

eddie

followed your directions---beeps continue do not have a stop/clear button on my microwave
only at far left is cancel/off button with wait 2 min beneath thatso did I get the wrong direction sheet that doesn't o with this machine
beeps even when disconnected how is one to sleep
I need to know how to stop microwave from beeping every minute continuously
even when disconnected---is there a genie inside
this microwave has not been dropped, moved or abused by anyone in this householded. I am a single person
who uses a walker to get around
Ball's in your court, Eddie

it is probably the logic board in which I told you you may need along with servicing ......you can see I am trying to help you.......how was it that you decided I deserved that rating .......not only do I not get credited but a have a damaging negative score to deal with too............it's out of options .check your warranty...........good luck to you

Aw, Eddie, you are doing okay. I am disgruntled because the evening moves on and I still have a problem.
You were civil and had a suggestion, ---not your fault that I am upset and even angry. You done good,.kid.
Tell them to get rid of that bad mark I gave you. It's the manufacturer's fault. Two people have just now
told me they, too, have problems with Whirlpool microwaves. Bad rep=bad for business.

only you can expunge it by changing the rating to a good one........but then I will get paid and it will be charged to you......it's okay...we didn't get it done ............again good luck to you

I found this for you .......give them a call and see if you qualify

CLICK HERE

Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Thank you for reversing that ........it was nice of you ...........I hope that these problems will be worked out for you ....... I trust you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved......or will be......if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>